What are cookies?
An HTTP cookie (also called web cookie, Internet cookie, browser cookie, or simply cookie) is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer by the user’s web browser while the user is browsing. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember stateful information (such as items added in the shopping cart in an online store) or to record the user’s browsing activity (including clicking particular buttons, logging in, or recording which pages were visited in the past). They can also be used to remember arbitrary pieces of information that the user previously entered into form fields such as names or addresses.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages. Cookies can be stored for varying lengths of time on your browser or device. Session cookies are deleted from your computer or device when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer or device until deleted or until they reach their expiry date.
There are three varieties of cookies which operate on our website:
- Preference Cookies Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or region.
- Statistic Cookies Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
- Marketing Cookies Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers.
- Giving you a browsing experience that is unique to you and to serve you content which we believe improves your site experience
- Analysing how you use our website, which helps us troubleshoot problems and monitor our performance.
How do you change cookie preferences or block cookies?
Your browser allows you to chose whether you wish to accept cookies or not. Different browsers make different controls available to you.
Generally, your browser will offer you the choice to accept, refuse, or delete cookies at all times, or those from providers that website owners use, or from specific websites. Each browser should provide instructions on how you can do this.
For further information, please refer to https://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-delete-cookies/.
If you block cookies, you may be unable to access certain areas of our website, and certain functions or pages will not work as expected.